Saturday, August 29, 2009

For All You Church Leaders Out There:


This will be short.

In the past 4 months I've read 3 books and attended 2 conferences on varying aspects of the missional movement. For me...at the end of the day it boils down to these questions:
  • Do we church professionals (aka - pastors, staff, consultants, directors, elders, deacons, committee members, etc...) really want to change how we live?
  • Are we willing to make room for "the other"?
  • Do we want to engage in conversation with people that believe differently than we do?
  • Can we live lives that are poured out to a world that, for the most part, see us as irrelevant at best and intolerant and evil at worst?
  • Are we willing to change our church from the inside out....so that we live the life we call our people to live?
How you answer this will determine the future of the missional movement for the
particular church community
you are leading.

OK - blast me. Tell me how wrong I am. I'm pretty sure I'm overstating this....but the more I read and hear....the more I keep coming back to this.